Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More mystical poems

Close to God

One may have never heard the sacred name 'Christ'
and be closer to God
than any priest
or
nun.


St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)


I Just Laugh

If I told you the
truth
about God
you might think
I was an Idiot.

If I lied to you about the Beautiful One
you might parade me through the streets saying,
"This guy's a genius!"

This world has its pants on backwards.
Most carry their values and knowledge in a
jug
what has a big opening in the bottom.

What to do?
With a clear grasp of the situation,
when asked to explain the Universe,
I just laugh.

Kabir  (c1440-1518)




What is Grace

What is grace? I asked God.

"All that happens," He replied.

"All that happens."

And then he added, when I looked perplexed:

"Could not lovers
say
that every moment in the arms
of their Beloved
was
Grace?

Existence is my arms,
though I well understand how the
heart
can turn away
from me

Until the heart
calms,
wakes up to the ease
and wisdom
that let's it know."


St. Teressa   (1515-1582)



A Hundred Objects close by


I know a cure for sadness:
Let your hands touch something
that makes your
eyes
shine

I bet there are a hundred object close by
that can do that.

Look at beauty's gift to us--
her power is so great she enlivens the
Earth, the Sky, our
Soul.




Mira (c 1498-1550)






Wherever you may look


Wisdom is so
kind and wise
that
wherever you may
look
you can learn something
about God.

Why
would not the
omnipresent
teach that
way?


St. Catherine of Siena (1347-1380)



Wring Out my Clothes


Such love does the
sky
now
pour

that whenever I stand in a field

I have to
wring out my clothes
when I get
home.

St. Francis (1182-1226)


There are twelve poets.
The book is divine,
in a meaning deeper than usually
used iwith
that word.

Oh, yeah,


Hafiz (c13320-1389):

Two Giant Fat People

God
and
I
have become like two

giant
fat
people

living in a tiny boat

We keep
bumping into
each
other
and

l
a
u
g
h
i
n
g




That's a nice taste,
write a few of your own

They'll be perfect

if you think not
read the above poens
again

with your mind calm
and your heart
giggling

it's all
waiting inside
gurgling up
weather we
know it
or not

and the weather is
always
what it is:
God saying:
Hello
and
Wake up
(and maybe: treat the world
just
a tiny
bit
better,
who knows?

You listen.
what do YOU hear?

All from this book,
which you might love:








And not from here,
also amazing,
and there is only one Hafiz
in today's offering
he wrote thousands













No comments: