Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Conditional Love

We can be serious about this
or
have a sense of humor

might as well laugh

at ourselves


admit it:

we do this:


I love you , soo, soo, much,
and
I'll love you even more if you........

that's a condition

that's a buy and sell deal

oh, well

we all do it

and the other side


I love you, but you are making it hard

and if you keep doing ......
I'm going to love you less,
or
take away my love
or
dislike you
or
hate you


notice what this really is:  BLACKMAIL

behave right,
and don't do ........

and then I won't pull out the possibilities of
loving less
taking away love
disliking
hating


go against my commandments, wishes, fears, demands,
call it what you will

but if you do ......

then wham
I'm going to do one of the four:
loving less
taking away love
disliking
hating

......
It's obvious,
but more part of the humor/ seriousness

that these reactions aren't exactly
calculated,
usually

they "just happen"

and the function is still the same:
blackmail

even worse, really,
because if "You can't help it,"
then your partner knows the hammer HAS
to fall if they misbehave

.....

this might appear to be a problem

and it is

and the work of Byron Katie is one
sterling way out of it

and

just ("just") waking up to it
and realizing our conditions,
can make a huge difference in beginning to set us free




good

No comments: