Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Who am I?



The central question in life
and one best faced before that last month before we
die

is.

who am, I?

what is this being alive thing?

Here's a quote I found on facebook,


A rabbi in Jerusalem was once giving a talk about relationships. 

He said, 
"When you're looking at the person you're with, 
the question shouldn't be, 
'Is this the person I could spend the rest of my life with?' 

Rather, the question should be, 
'Am I the person, 
when I'm with this person, 
that I could be with for the rest of my life?"


And, 
why does it have to be the rest of your life?
How about a half a year at a time?

Plants don't live forever and we don't think a California poppy is a failure

what of six months at a time,
to see what can blossom into beauty in that time


then again,
who am I?

who is the me
that I want to be

to live with me

and to love as many people
as possible
for the rest of my life?


ah, that might be worth asking,
sure
yes

why not?

No comments: