Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dancers, Musicians, Actors: a fine opportunity in Tucson this week

DANCERS: dance better.
MUSICIANS: play better.
ACTORS: use your voice and body more easily.
peacock
Hello:
My name is Chris Elms and I am in Tuscon this week,
until the 25th of February.
This I realize is a short time
and
I am curious what if anything I can contribute to any of the
faculty or students in the dance, music and theater departments in that time

My work
which I call Neurological Upgrading,
is from the Feldenkrais® Method (http://feldenkrais.com),
of which I am a practitioner after a 4 year training,
and the
Anat Baniel Method,
in which I have taken the Mastery Training to work with
High Performers. (http://anatbanielmethod.com).

This work, by using our brain,
literally creatine new neurological pathways,
can help improvement at all levels:
• injuries become irrelevant to heightened and easeful movement
• chronic stuck points become the leaping off point for expansion of
movement, awareness and thinking capabilities
• high performers, Olympic athletes, world class musicians,
gain that extra ten percent that put them to the next
level, whatever
that might be for them.

I can give demonstrations of the brain/ body/ learning
connection to groups.

The most rapid upgrading,
however is in individual lessons,
which are slow, gentle,
hands on,
with the client fully clothed, lying or
sitting on a low and firm table,
and discovering inside connections
and ease
that she/ he might not have known
since they were a child.

Or maybe never.

Please fill free to call or email.
Soon.

With enough interested clients
I would be happy to schedule regular
two or three week visits to Tucson,
as the lessons are most powerful in 6 or more
per two week concentrations,
since the brain,
though it loves to learn,
also love to slip back to the way
it has always done things.

A concentrated group of lessons
allows the change to integrate and become the
new you.

Thanks for reading and considering this.

P.S. The starting picture, on my business card,
is something I learned to do recently, at 63 year old.
Not by huffing and puffing and "trying harder"
but by applying the go slow, learn faster principles
of this work.






No comments: