Saturday, August 04, 2012

life is beautiful and so what?



tis a crazy hot morning in Austin
I want the windows open and then
the steamy heat comes leaking in


so be it

life is beautiful and
so what?
means....

i don't know
that's the fun of writing what comes
up
and then seeing what comes up

and so what
so what?

can be angry
or
it can be amused

I'll pick amused
and I rememmber
times I've been all swamped
worried depressed by the story

and done the Famous
Work of Byron Katie
and what bothered me
before
went through several stages of liberation:

--so what?

--hmm, interesting


--charming

--I love it



this can be something simple:
a person doesn't return a phone
call
which is a pet peeve
(which means  conditioned route
to unhappiness )

or something so called tragic
a girlfriend "leaving"
or someone angry at me
or rejecting me
for some interesting/ wonderful
offer
i have made

( and aren't all my offers
wonderful?

well, yes to me
and luckily
for the world
and the Universe
I don't run the world
nor the Universe
so 
when people say "no"
they have their own reasons)

life is beautiful
and so what?

the goal
maybe
and i guess we get to pick
day by day
moment by moment

is to live

and what does that mean?

leave the computer behind and discover 
what 
is next?

and i might not do
"the right thing"

and,
so what?

if i'm conscious
i'm doing the life
thing
and that seems 
just hunky
dory
so what or so great
or
????????


GOOD good good

No comments: